If you’re more than 10 weeks pregnant or have a child under 4, you may be entitled to get help to buy healthy food and milk.
If you’re eligible, you’ll be sent a Healthy Start card with money on it that you can use in some UK shops.
This will be added to your card every 4 weeks to spend on:
- plain liquid cow’s milk,
- fresh, frozen, and tinned fruit and vegetables
- fresh, dried, and tinned pulses
- infant formula milk based on cow’s milk
You can also use your card to collect Healthy Start vitamins from our Family Hubs and Children’s Centres.
Vitamin drops for babies and young children are suitable from birth to 4 years old, and you can also access vitamins for you if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
If you are not eligible for NHS Healthy Start, you can still buy them for a much lower price than in the shops:
- Vitamins tablets for women (for expectant and nursing mothers) – 80p
- Children’s vitamin drops – £1.60
- How to apply for a Healthy Start Card – nhs.uk website